Burney Institute

The Burney Institute was authorized to be built by the Chickasaw Council in 1854 as a girls’ school. It later became an orphanage for the Chickasaw’s. In 1914, the building was sold to a private owner and used as a barn for 90 years until it was transferred back to the Native Americans. After the transfer, the Burney Institute was restored by PandDStudio working with BLW Architects and Obelisk Engineering.


STATUS: Completed