Built in 1938, the Guardian Building is a 38,000 square foot, 2-story, painted brick building in the Art Deco style. It is listed on the National Register of Historic Places as a contributing resource to the Automobile Alley Historic District.
Historically the building accommodated automobile sales, parts, and service-related businesses. It was also used for car storage and had a concrete ramp that allowed cars to drive up to the 2nd story. The Guardian was one of 11 buildings in and around the Automobile Alley Historic District that were rehabilitated and adapted to new uses between 2008 and 2017 for which PandDStudio provided a variety of services such as historical research, National Register nominations, existing conditions drawings, design and preservation consulting, and preservation tax credits consulting and application processing.
The completed project resulted in a restaurant and 36 market rate apartments and received design awards and the State Historic Preservation Officer's Citation of Merit.
LOCATION: Oklahoma City,OK
CLIENT: Midtown Renaissance