Iroquois Apartments

W. (William) J. Hoover built the Iroquois Apartments building in 1928. Hoover and his wife, Ida, owned and managed the building until 1936, when the bank foreclosed on the property. Subsequently, building ownership changed numerous times. By the early 1990’s, the building was in disrepair and most units were “Not Verified” of having tenants according to Polk’s Oklahoma City directory. City directories stopped referring to the property as the “Iroquois Apartments” by 1998.

The building has been rehabilitated as a preservation tax credit project and retaining the original 14 apartments floor plan. The interior corridors and staircases remain in place. The configuration of each apartment has been modified to include modernized bathrooms and kitchens while retaining original wood floors and tile fireplace mantels. The Iroquois is individually listed on the National Register of Historic Places.

LOCATION: Oklahoma City, OK

STATUS: Completed

CLIENT: Primary Investments 1