Phillips Trading Post
Phillips Trading Post was built in two phases between 1916 and 1927 by J.P. Wolverton and was used as a Ford dealership until 1932. Jesse (J.T.) Phillips began operating Phillips Trading Post out of the building in 1935. By 1945, he purchased the building outright and Phillips Trading Post became known throughout the community as a purveyor of new and used home furnishings and appliances. The Trading Post occupied the building until it closed in 1977. In 1980, Star Communications, Inc., acquired the property whereupon the local newspaper, the Chickasha Star, used the building until the middle 1990s.
Listed on the National Register of Historic Places as a contributing resource to the Chickasha Downtown Historic District in 2005, the building had been vacant since 2015. Great Plains Land & Cattle, LLC recently acquired the property for rehabilitation with plans for new retail uses with a local flavor. PandDStudio is providing historic preservation expertise and preservation tax credits support for the project.
STATUS: In Progress
CLIENT: Great Plains Land & Cattle, LLC