The Walcourt was constructed in 1927 as 16 luxury apartments with a neighborhood atmosphere. Individually listed on the National Register of Historic Places, it is significant for its architectural character as a special example of the Gothic Revival style. Originally designed by architect Joe Davis, the Walcourt is a testament of quality design and construction. After nearly 4 decades of lying in quiet repose, the stately building has withstood the test of time, vandalism, weathering, and fire. Original developer H.E. Musson proudly announced appreciation to contractors and suppliers associated with this grand jewel in a full page advertisement in the Oklahoman* newspaper.
PandDStudio is both architect and historic preservation specialist for the current preservation tax credit rehabilitation to adapt and reuse the building for offices. Improvements will include ample new parking to the west, all new mechanical, electrical, and plumbing systems, and completely refurbished historic brick, cast stone work, and windows. Interior build out will be designed to suit new tenants.
LOCATION: Oklahoma City, OK
STATUS: In Progress. Finishing in 2020
CLIENT: Walcourt Partners, LLC
"PandDStudio has transcribed the dvertisement that ran in the local paper, the Oklahoman., in 1927"